Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Next Step

I am focusing on North High school.

Since doing my initial research, I have learned that attendance at North Community High School has dropped to roughly 300 (from 900 in 2006) and is now being considered for phasing out by the year 2014. (described here)

The building will remain, and will likely continue to be occupied in a manner similar to it's current situation.

At this time, the building houses four educational institutions: North Community High School, Dunwoody Academy High School, Broadway High School, and Adult Basic Education

I am interested in how the four institutions share the facility. The school was designed to house a single institution and an examination of the way in which it has since been partitioned off could reveal some opportunities for architectural intervention.

I am seeking architectural plans of the building and will begin mapping how the facility is being used. I am interested in what is shared and what is not. I am interested in investigating the public spaces in and around the building as potentially contested terrain.




No comments:

Post a Comment